Brandeis set to welcome record-breaking Class of 2022 for orientation
Brandeis University’s largest ever class arrives on Sunday, Aug. 26
Aug. 22, 2018
Brandeis University’s largest ever class arrives on Sunday, Aug. 26 for Move-in Day and the start of New Undergraduate Student Orientation.
The Class of 2022 consists of 909 students from 38 states and 33 countries; 40 transfer students will also join the Brandeis community.
This year’s Orientation program includes 29 fun and informative events designed to give the newest Brandeisians and their families a warm welcome and a smooth transition into college life.
More than 100 volunteer orientation leaders — OLs for short — spent the last academic year planning this weekend’s activities. Orientation sessions include a mix of ice breakers and educational programs that allow first-year students and transfers to engage with faculty and staff, connect with university resources and learn more about Brandeis’ history and one another.
For the full schedule of orientation programs and activities, please visit the Guidebook Mobile App and search “DeisWeek.”
Sunday, Aug. 26
- Move-in (8:00 a.m to 12 p.m.) First-year students and transfers will arrive on campus and pull into Massell or North Quad parking lots. Community Advisors (CAs), Orientation Leaders (OLs) and Community Living staff will be present to direct traffic and help students and their families move into residence halls.
- Welcome Fair for New Students and Families (10:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. in Usdan Student Center) Once you arrive on campus, stop by Usdan Student Center to learn about a number of helpful resources on campus as well some exciting programs, activities and organizations that will enrich your time at Brandeis.
- Convocation: Brandeis Beginnings (3-3:30 p.m. on Chapels Field) Students and their families are invited to a brief ceremony where they can hear some words of advice from Orientation Leaders and Brandeis President Ron Liebowitz.
- Light the Night(8:15-8:45 p.m. at the Rose Art Museum, Light of Reason sculpture) Gather together as the Class of 2022 for a powerful moment beneath one of Brandeis’ most iconic art installations.
Monday, Aug. 27
- Speak About It (3:45-5:15 p.m. in the Spingold Theater) Learn about consent, sexual health resources and reporting sexual assault with the help of a performance by “Speak about It.”
- Spirit Rally (8:30-9 p.m. on the Baseball Field) Show your Brandeis spirit and Brandeis Judges pride by learning more about Brandeis’ Division 3 sports teams.
- This is Our House (9:00-11:00 p.m. in the Spingold Theater) Join Dean of Students Jamele Adams and celebrate all that is Brandeis.
Tuesday, Aug. 28
- New Student Forum (7:10-9:30 p.m. in the Spingold Theater) Meet with your fellow first-years and orientation leaders to discuss acclaimed author Ben Fountain’s book “Billy Lynne’s Long Halftime Walk.”
Wednesday, Aug. 29
- First day of Fall classes