A conversation with former University of Notre Dame wide receiver Cory Robinson and lectures on labor and substandard pharmaceuticals are among the events surrounding the home football game Saturday (Sept. 8) between the University of Notre Dame and Ball State University.
Friday (Sept. 7)
• “Solidary and Solitary: The Joyner/Giuffrida Collection,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, through Dec. 15, Snite Museum of Art.
• “There’s No Place Like Time: A Retrospective of Video Artist Alana Olsen,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, through Dec. 2, Scholz Family Works on Paper Gallery, Snite Museum of Art.
• Football Fridays at the Eck, featuring food, prizes and giveaways, plus “Chalk Talk with Bill and Bill” and conversations with former Notre Dame wide receiver and Student Body President Cory Robinson and Muffet McGraw, head coach of the Notre Dame women’s basketball team, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
• Friday Reconciliation, 11 to 11:30 a.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Mass, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 5:15 to 6:15 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Higgins Lunchtime Labor RAPS (Research, Advocacy and Policy Series), “Negotiating the Future of Employment and Work: Reflections and Predictions from a Seasoned Labor Lawyer,” featuring Notre Dame alumnus William T. Hopkins, retired attorney with the Labor and Employment Law Department at Barnes & Thornburg LLP, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Geddes Hall Coffee House.
• Innovation Rally — An IDEA Week Event, featuring keynote speakers Drew McKenna and Vijen Patel, cofounders of Pressbox, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., IDEA Center (registration required).
• Graduate Business Program Highlights, featuring a summary of Mendoza College of Business degree offerings and a Q&A with admissions staff, 2 to 3 p.m., 162 Mendoza College of Business.
• Daily Rosary, 6:45 to 7 p.m., Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes.
• “Sorin: A Notre Dame Story,” a one-man play about Notre Dame founder Rev. Edward Sorin, C.S.C., 7:30 to 9 p.m., Patricia George Decio Theater, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.
• “Todd Rundgren’s Play Like a Champion Concert: Students Play the ’80s,” featuring songwriter, producer and recording artist Todd Rundgren, 8 to 10 p.m., DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.
Saturday (Sept. 8)
• Saturdays with the Saints, “Martyrs of Dialogue: The Monks of Tibhirine,” featuring Sister Ann Astell, professor of theology, 10:30 to 11: 30 a.m., Geddes Hall Auditorium.
• Gameday Rosary, 11:30 a.m. to noon, Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• “Got Fakes? Uncovering Falsified and Substandard Pharmaceuticals,” featuring Marya Lieberman, professor of chemistry and biochemistry, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 101 Jordan Hall of Science.
• Science Exploration Series, “What’s Up in the Solar System?” featuring Keith Davis, concurrent assistant professional specialist in physics and director of the Digital Visualization Theater, noon to 1 p.m., Jordan Hall of Science Digital Visualization Theater.
• Saturday Scholar Series, “The Magic of the Mind: Illusion, Misdirection and Deception in our Everyday Lives,” featuring James Brockmole, professor and associate dean for the social sciences and research and Joseph and Elizabeth Robbie Collegiate Chair, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Annenberg Auditorium, Snite Museum of Art.
• Post-game Mass (30 minutes after the end of the game), Basilica of the Sacred Heart, Crypt of the Sacred Heart, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center, residence halls.
Sunday (Sept. 2)
• Mass, 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. to noon, Sacred Heart Crypt.
• Mass, 8 to 9 a.m., 10 to 11 a.m., 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.