The Meharry-Vanderbilt Community Engaged Research Core announces a new round of mini-grants for October 2018. The deadline to apply is Friday, Oct. 26.
CERC invites proposals for activities that promote ongoing, mutually beneficial, health-oriented research partnerships between community organizations and academic researchers. Both academic and community partners are expected to contribute to the development of the proposal. Applicants may propose a community-engaged research project or a capacity building project that enables the partners to pursue an identified research agenda. The long-term goals of the research partnerships supported by mini-grants should be one or more of the following: to improve community health outcomes, increase access to health and health-related services, enhance quality and effectiveness of health interventions, and/or inform future health policy.
Two grant awards are available:
Partnership Development Grants – Up to $2,500 to support the creation of new community-academic partnerships and the strengthening of existing community-academic partnerships.
Community-Engaged Research Grants – Up to $10,000 to enable community-academic research partnerships to undertake pilot research activities.
All applicants must:
- Submit a letter of intent to Lexie.Lipham@vumc.org by Monday, Oct. 15.
- Attend an information session on one of the following dates:
- Monday, Sept. 10, 2:30-3:30 p.m. at 2525 West End Ave. in the 6th Floor Board Room
- Wednesday, Sept. 12, 1:30-2:30 p.m. at 2525 West End Ave. in the 11th Floor Stadium Conference Room
- Thursday, Sept. 13, noon-1 p.m. at 2525 West End Ave. in the 6th Floor Board Room
Please contact Lexie Lipham at Lexie.Lipham@vumc.org to RSVP.
If you have any questions or need more information regarding the mini-grant awards, please contact Lexie Lipham at Lexie.Lipham@vumc.org.