This is a joint competition for VU and VUMC investigators. All investigators should follow these instructions.
Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC, collaboratively) is anticipating the opportunity to nominate two candidates for the Edward Mallinckrodt, Jr Foundation Scholar Award Program. The Foundation supports early stage investigators engaged in biomedical research that has the potential to significantly advance the understanding, diagnosis, or treatment of disease. This award typically provides $400,000 over four years in order to move a project forward to the point where other independent funding can be obtained.
- Hold M.D. and/or Ph.D. degree
- In 5th to 8th year of a tenure-track position
- Candidates may have an R01
Internal Application Process:
Anyone interested in being considered as Vanderbilt’s potential nominee must submit the following (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.eduby 5:00 p.m. on Oct. 26, 2018.
- Brief research lay summary (1/2 page max);
- Brief research plan including summary budget (2 page max including budget);
- Statement of support from department chair/center director;
- NIH Biosketch or Brief CV (5 page max)
Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email. All applicants should verify their eligibility in advance through the foundation website.
All proposals will be forwarded to an internal review committee that chooses the final nominee. The chosen nominee will submit a full proposal to the foundation by Jan. 15, 2019.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.