COLLEGE PARK, Md.– On Saturday, October 6, from noon to 6 p.m., the City of College Park will host its annual College Park Day at the College Park Aviation Museum. The fun-filled and community-based event provides locals with the opportunity to engage with each other, while learning more about the City’s amenities.
Expected to attract thousands of people from the City and the surrounding areas, College Park Day features live music and performances, a kids zone, local restaurants and food vendors, free admission to the College Park Aviation Museum and much more. Flying in just for this year’s event is Curtiss Jenny, a historic wood and fabric airplane associated with the first USPS airmail flights. The Jenny and her crew will be on the airfield along with several helicopters for the crowd to see and explore.
Additional performers and guests include:
- City of College Park Mayor Patrick L. Wojahn and City Councilmembers
- Wild Anacostias Brass Band, Superior Cling Trio, Joe Garner and the Produce Section, Cumbia One and The Unknowns
- Local festival food options offered by Fishnet, UMD’s Maryland Dairy, Potomac Pizza, BBQ Bill’s, Heavenly Desserts & Dogs, Amity Kitchen, Wassub, and Kona Ice
- Performances by UMD groups Gymkana and DaCadence, as well as the Magic Mallets
- A public safety demonstration from Prince George’s County Public Safety Crews, including fire, police, EMS, and bomb squad
- Dorian Walker – a filmmaker, aviation enthusiast and chairman of “Friends of Jenny,” the organization that operates the only cross-country flying Curtiss JN-4 Jenny wooden airplane
- 70+ community non-profit, University, business, and government agency exhibitors and craft vendors
The College Park Aviation Museum is located at 1985 Corporal Frank Scott Drive, College Park, MD 20740. Media should RSVP to Ryna Quinones at 240-487-3508 or email@example.com.