On Nov. 29 from 9 to 10:30 a.m., the Office of Risk and Insurance Management will host an opportunity to learn more about reporting incidents, workplace safety issues and risks associated with business travel—topics that are important to everyone at Vanderbilt, especially managers and supervisors. Check-in and light refreshments begin at 9 a.m., and the forum will begin at 9:15 a.m. in the Jean and Alexander Heard Library (Central Library) Community Room. Entering the library from the campus-side main entrance, the Community Room is located directly on the right.
Did you know?
- Risk Management has a website where you can—and should—log incidents that may potentially pose a risk for the university.
- The Risk Management office frequently partners with colleagues in the Workplace Safety office for workplace concerns relating to employee, building and grounds safety.
- If you’re involved in an auto accident while on business-related travel, you should contact Risk Management.
- Risk Management is your source for certificates of insurance that may be required by vendors with whom you contract.
- The Protection of Minors policy for programs was updated in 2018, and a new annual training module is available for personnel compliance each July.
On Nov. 29, stop by for refreshments and door prizes and to discover why every employee at Vanderbilt is a “risk manager.” Please RSVP for the event by Thursday, Nov. 22.
Can’t make the forum? Check out the Risk and Insurance Management website, and be sure to visit the Resources page for additional Risk Management Week items, such as webinars, incident reporting information and other tools.