A State Fair and NC State campus delectable treat is now available for the first time in grocery retail locations across parts of the Triangle.
Six different flavors of Howling Cow ice cream can be purchased at 16 Harris Teeter locations in Raleigh, Cary and Wake Forest.
Harris Teeter licensed the Howling Cow trademark and certain ingredients and formulas from NC State, and now manufactures pints of six different ice cream flavors: Campfire Delight™, Cookie Dough2™, Chocolate Chip Mint, Cookies & Cream, Butter Almond and Cherry Brick Road™.
“Harris Teeter continues to be an excellent partner and supporter of our agricultural education programs. This unique partnership will make it convenient for people to enjoy Howling Cow without coming to campus or waiting in line at the State Fair,” said Gary Cartwright, NC State’s Dairy Enterprise System director.
NC State will use proceeds from the licensing agreement to fund student scholarships and dairy and agriculture initiatives.
Howling Cow ice cream has been manufactured on campus for more than 70 years, using fresh milk from the university’s own cows located at the NC State Dairy Farm off Lake Wheeler Rd. in Raleigh. Howling Cow cups and tubs are still available for purchase throughout NC State campus venues.
Pints of Howling Cow ice cream are available in the following 16 Harris Teeter locations:
- Cameron Village 500 Oberlin Rd., Raleigh
- Stonehenge Market 7400 Creedmoor Rd., Raleigh
- Heritage Lake 3638 Rogers Rd., Wake Forest
- Old Raleigh Village 3201-123 Edwards Mill Rd., Raleigh
- Leesville Town Center 13210 Strickland Rd., Raleigh
- Harrison Pointe Shopping Center 270 Grande Heights Dr., Cary
- Falls Pointe Shopping Center 9600 Falls of the Neuse Rd., Raleigh
- Stone Creek Village 98 Cornerstone Dr., Cary
- Crescent Commons 2080 Kildaire Farm Rd., Cary
- The Corners at Brier Creek 4221 Corners Pkwy., Raleigh
- Millbrook and Creedmoor 2051 W. Millbrook Rd., Raleigh
- Tryon Village 1151 Tryon Village Dr., Cary
- North Ridge 6024 Falls of the Neuse Rd., Raleigh
- Wakefield 14520 John Rex Blvd., Raleigh
- North Hills East 120-100 St Albans Dr., Raleigh
- Cary Village Square Shopping Center 885 Walnut St., Cary
– kulikowski –