By: Pat Salvas
BOSTON – The Dartmouth men’s track & field team competed in the opening day of the 2019 New England Indoor Championship Meet, held at the Reggie Lewis Track & Field Center.
• Donovan Spearman is the only Dartmouth runner moving on in the 200m as his 21.79 was the top qualifying time Friday and more than a half-second better than anyone in his heat.
• Parker Johnson (8.29) and Shawn Ohazuruike (8.20) qualified for Saturday’s final in the 60m hurdles thanks to automatic berths earned from Friday’s preliminaries.
• Freshman Ahria Simons was eighth in the long jump, earning one point for the Green and White with a 6.89 leap on his third attempt of the day.
• The 60m will see just Mattieu Freeman in Saturday’s final after his 7.10 earned him a 13th-place finish in the prelims.
• Nick Feffer was fifth overall in the preliminaries of the 1000m, crossing in 2:30.73.
• Max Frye (1:05.06) was fourth in his heat of the 500m and claimed ninth overall, just missing out on earning a spot in the final.