By: Charlotte Brackett
HANOVER, N.H. – Dartmouth men’s tennis suffered a 4-2 loss to Louisville at the Boss Tennis Center on Sunday morning. The Big Green dipped to 3-2 overall, while the Cardinals improved to 6-2.
The home team won the first point following victories at the No. 3 and 2 positions. Sophomore Dan Martin and freshman Pierce Widdecombe had a 6-2 victory before sophomores Peter Conklin and Casey Ross took down their opponents by a score of 6-3. At the top spot, juniors David Horneffer and Charlie Broom were leading, 5-4, when the match went unfinished.
Broom added another point when he defeated Brando Lancaster at the No. 1 position, 6-2, 6-3, but the Cardinals had four singles wins in a row to clinch. Horneffer and Fabien Salle were tied at 4-4 in the third set when their match was ended early.
Next weekend, Dartmouth will play Minnesota on Friday and Drake on Sunday.
1) Horneffer/Broom (Dartmouth) vs. Morin-Kougoucheff/Salle (Louisville), 5-4, DNF
2) Conklin/Ross (Dartmouth) def. Lancaster/Wesbrooks (Louisville), 6-3
3) Martin/Widdecombe (Dartmouth) def. Gomez/Hernandez (Louisville), 6-2
Order of finish: 3,2
1) Broom (Dartmouth) def. Lancaster (Louisville), 6-2, 6-3
2) Morin-Kougoucheff (Louisville) def. Martin (Dartmouth), 6-2, 7-6
3) Horneffer (Dartmouth) vs. Salle (Louisville), 6-3, 6-7, 4-4, DNF
4) Hernandez (Louisville) def. Conklin (Dartmouth), 7-6, 6-4
5) Gomez (Louisville) def. Ross (Dartmouth), 6-3, 6-4
6) Mizrahi (Louisville) def. Chari (Dartmouth), 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
Order of finish: 1,5,2,4,6