UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — The Office of Physical Plant has declared a “Midnight Clear” for snow removal through Wednesday morning between midnight and 7 a.m. each day.
During these times, parking will be prohibited at all faculty/staff surface parking lots on campus, including Innovation Park, from midnight through 7 a.m. This restriction includes University vehicles and applies to all employee work shifts, regardless of reporting time.
DESIGNATED OVERNIGHT PARKING AREAS – FACULTY/STAFF AND DEPARTMENT VEHICLES
Departments with University vehicles, as well as any faculty or staff with vehicles remaining on campus overnight, are required to move them into one of the parking decks or designated overnight parking areas before midnight tonight and Tuesday night.
Overnight parking for faculty, staff, and departmental vehicles will be available through 7:30 a.m. each day during the “Midnight Clear” period at the following locations:
1. All campus parking decks (East, Eisenhower, HUB, Nittany) – no parking on the roof level
The Nittany Deck can accommodate vehicles with a maximum height of 6 feet 8 inches, while the Eisenhower and HUB decks will allow vehicles with a maximum height of 7 feet.
The ground floor of the East Deck will accommodate vehicles up to 8 feet 2 inches in height. The east bay (the section closest to Bigler Road) on the ground floor of the East Deck is reserved for oversized vehicles that do not fit in the other garages on campus. Vehicles that normally have to remain in one of the approved surface areas because of roof racks, truck caps, etc., may be parked in this area of the East Deck.
Signs will be posted in the East Deck reserving the east bay (closest to East Halls) for oversized vehicles. Once the signs are posted, regular vehicles (less than 7 feet maximum height) are prohibited from the reserved area and must park in another section of the deck.
2. Lot Red A – row of spaces located directly west of the EES Building
3. Lot Orange H – center section located between Land & Water Research and the Materials Research Laboratory
4. Lot Orange H – row of parking spaces at the west end of the Energy and the Environment Laboratory
5. Lot Orange A (Katz Building) – 10 spaces facing Services Road along the north side of the parking lot
6. Areas with fenced parking compounds, such as Fleet Operations, Bryce Jordan Center, Physical Plant
7. All farm areas
LOTS RESTRICTED UNTIL 3 A.M.
The following campus lots will be restricted for snow removal from midnight through 3 a.m. each night through Wednesday morning:
1. Lot Red A – west of Atherton Street
2. Lot Orange U – section located west of USB I and north of the driveway
3. Lot Orange O – section next to the Tower Road Landscape Facility
Employees with a valid faculty/staff permit who must report to work early may park in these areas beginning at 3 a.m.
PARKING AT INNOVATION PARK
Overnight parking at Innovation Park will be available at the following locations:
1. 100 Building (Outreach Building) – back row of spaces in the southwest corner
2. 328/330 Building – first section of parking on the left from the entrance from Innovation Boulevard
3. 329 Building – first row of spaces in the section of parking located between Daybridge and 329
4. 331 Building – back row of spaces in the northeast corner
Oversized vehicles should be moved to one of the areas listed above. If it isn’t possible to move to one of the designated overnight parking areas, special provisions can be made by calling the Parking Office at 865-1436 or emailing [email protected].
RESIDENT STUDENT PARKING
Resident core and long-term storage student parking lots (Blue 22, Blue 42, Blue 81, Blue 82, Blue 83, Brown 11, and Purple 43) are exempt from “Midnight Clear” restrictions and will remain available for student vehicles displaying a valid permit for these areas.
Student permit holders utilizing other parking areas during evening or weekend hours must return to their assigned lot before midnight tonight and Tuesday night. Any YWH (Nittany Deck) permit holders parked on the roof level of the deck must move their vehicles to one of the lower levels prior to midnight tonight.
Jordan East, Stadium West and Porter North are not “Midnight Clear” restricted lots. However, no parking is permitted at these lots from 2 a.m. – 4 a.m., seven days a week.
Any student Commuter permit holders parked on campus must move their vehicles from surface parking lots before midnight tonight and Tuesday night, and from campus parking decks before 2 a.m. each night through Wednesday morning.
MAP AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If there are any questions regarding “Midnight Clear” parking restrictions, please contact the Parking Office by phone at 865-1436 or email at [email protected].