By: Pat Salvas
2019 Ivy League Heptagonal Indoor Track & Field Championship
Where: Cambridge, Mass.
Facility: Gordon Track | Harvard
When: Saturday, Feb. 23 through Sunday, Feb. 24
The 2019 Ivy League Heptagonal Indoor Track & Field Championship is set to get underway this weekend at Harvard’s Gordon Track.
COMIN’ IN HOT
• The Dartmouth women’s team enters the weekend with high hopes of winning its first title in program history and just the second all-time between indoor and outdoor seasons.
• The Big Green are currently ranked No. 1 in the latest US Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCA) Northeast Regional rankings.
• The Green and White finished third in last season’s championship meet held at Leverone Field House in Hanover.
• Dartmouth posted 96 points over the two days, behind Penn (137) and Harvard (105).
• Then-sophomore Cha’Mia Rothwell was named the Female Field Performer of the Meet for the second time in as many years. She would finish the meet as a two-time First-Team All-Ivy League honoree (Long Jump, 60mH) and a second teamer in the 200m. She has four indoor titles in her first two years as she repeated in both the 60mH and long jump as a sophomore in 2018.
• Julia Valenti was an All-Ivy League First Team Selection in the pole vault after winning the event on the first day of competition.
Both days in Cambridge will be carried live on ESPN+ for subscribers of the online video service.
For those looking to attend the meet at Gordon Track this weekend, tickets can be purchased through the Harvard Ticket Office with two-day passes available for $16 for adults and $8 for students.
The women’s meet will begin Saturday at 10:45 with the pentathlon, while both track as well as field events start at 11 a.m. Sunday will begin at 10:45 a.m. on the infield and running events kicking off at 12:30 p.m.