By: Pat Salvas
ATLANTA – The Dartmouth men’s track & field team began its 2019 outdoor season at the Yellow Jacket Invitational hosted by Georgia Tech.
The non-scoring meet was held at the George C. Griffin Track.
• One of the day’s best showings came from Alec Eschholz and Max Frye in the 400m hurdles. Eschholz was first in 53.52, while Frye was second in 53.75.
• Matching that one-two finish were Marco Pompilj and Owen Ritz in the 2000m steeplechase. Pompilj was the winner in 5:52.99 with Ritz finishing as the runner-up in 5:55.30.
• In the pole vault, Ben Ose was second thanks to clearing 4.70m on his first try. That height was the top mark of any collegian competing in the field.
• Lucas Ribeiro was third in the shot put with a 16.48m toss on his first try of the day. Ethan Ruh was sixth with a 15.34m to his credit.
• Also taking third was Donovan Spearman in the 100m. The sophomore sprinter ran a 10.74 to take third in a field of nearly 40. Taking 10th in the event was Mattieu Freeman in 11.06.
• Cole Andrus claimed fifth in the javelin with a 61.65m throw in his second of four attempts on the day.