By: Pat Salvas
ATLANTA – The Dartmouth women’s track & field team began its 2019 outdoor season at Georgia Tech’s Yellow Jacket Invitational.
The non-scoring meet was held at the George C. Griffin Track.
• The high point of the day was in the high jump were four Big Green student-athletes in the top-10. Maria Garman (1.70m) led the way in second with Camille Landon (5th, 1.70m), Abigail Burke (7th, 1.65m) and Zoe Dainton (8th, 1.65m) following in the next few slots.
• In the pole vault, Julia Valenti (3.85m) and Brooke Brunet (3.70m) were fourth and fifth, respectively.
• Junior Cha’Mia Rothwell claimed fourth in the 100m hurdles, running a 13.94. Her time was third amongst collegiate competitors.
• In the 1500m, Lauren Sapone was ninth in 4:41.70, while Lily Anderson claimed 11th in 4:43.00.
• Kayla Gilding was seventh in the 400m in 57.40, leading a strong Dartmouth contingent that also earned four more spots in the top-20.
• On Friday night, Alexandra Collins was fifth in the hammer with a 50.07m toss on his first of four tries. Lily Lockhart (49.27m) and Amelia Ali (49.10m) were ninth and 10th, respectively.