By: Pat Salvas
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Dartmouth women’s outdoor track & field team began its weekend at North Florida’s Spring Break Invitational on Thursday afternoon.
The non-scoring meet is being held at Hodges Stadium, the same venue that will host the NCAA East Regional in late May.
• The Big Green went one-two-three in the pole vault, dominating the field in an event that has become a power for Dartmouth in recent years.
• Julia Valenti won the event with relative ease as she cleared four heights on her first attempt at each, including the winning height of 3.95m.
• Olivia Goodwin was second thanks to a mark of 3.65m on her only attempt, while Brooke Brunet was third with a 3.5m to her credit.
• The javelin saw Olivia Wiener take second despite only one of her throws counting. That second attempt was measured at 42.64m. Maria Garman took seventh thanks to a 38.37m throw on her first attempt of the afternoon.
• Amelia Ali (50.98m) and Alexandra Collins (50.10m) were eighth and ninth, respectively, in the hammer throw.