By: Charlotte Brackett
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Dartmouth women’s tennis team fell to Yale, 4-0, at the Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center on Sunday.
The Big Green are now 3-16 overall and 0-5 in Ivy League play, while the Bulldogs improved to 12-9 and 4-1.
Yale won at the No. 1 and 2 doubles positions to go into singles with a 1-0 edge. On court three, senior Allison Chuang and freshman Nina Paripovic were tied with Caroline Amos and Kathy Wang, 5-5, when the first point was clinched.
Bulldog victories at the No. 4, 1 and 2 singles spots gave the win to the home team. Playing on court five, junior Chuyang Guan had a 7-6(5) first-set defeat of Amy Yang, but the match went unfinished. After dropping their first sets to their opponents, both Paripovic and junior Allison McCann were ahead when the last match was won.
Next weekend, Dartmouth will play its final road matches, facing Columbia and Cornell.
1) Gong/Martinelli (Yale) def. Chiu/Conard (Dartmouth), 6-3
2) Dunleavy/Lou (Yale) def. Lyn/Peng (Dartmouth), 7-5
3) Amos/Wang (Yale) vs. Chuang/Paripovic (Dartmouth), 5-5, DNF
Order of finish: 1,2
1) Martinelli (Yale) def. Lyn (Dartmouth), 6-1, 7-6(5)
2) Dunleavy (Yale) def. Chiu (Dartmouth), 6-3, 6-3
3) Lou (Yale) vs. Paripovic (Dartmouth), 6-3, 3-4, DNF
4) Gong (Yale) def. Conard (Dartmouth), 6-2, 6-2
5) Guan (Dartmouth) vs. Yang (Yale), 7-6(5), DNF
6) Gillinov (Yale) vs. McCann (Dartmouth), 6-1, 2-3, DNF
Order of finish: 4,1,2