By: Mike Miezejeski
GAMES 34, 35, 36
Dartmouth Big Green (8-25, 5-10 Ivy) at
Brown Bears (10-22, 3-12 Ivy)
Date: Saturday, Apr. 27 – 12:30 & 2:30 PM / Sunday, Apr. 28 – 12:30 PM
Location: Providence, R.I. – Brown Softball Field
All-Time Series: Dartmouth leads, 52-19
Last Time: May 6, 2018 / W, 7-6 (Hanover, N.H.)
Game One: ESPN+ | LIVE STATS
Game Two: ESPN+ | LIVE STATS
Game Three: ESPN+ | LIVE STATS
After a game off from conference competition, Dartmouth resumes Ivy league play on Saturday and Sunday at Brown. Times for the doubleheader on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., while game three of the series is at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday.
AT BOSTON UNIVERSITY
- The Big Green traveled to Boston University for a single game on Thursday and came out on the wrong end of a 9-1 game in six innings.
- Morgan Martinelli had a strong day at the plate going 3-3 with a solo home run in the fourth inning.
- BU scored three runs in the first and two in both the second and third innings to jump out to a 7-0 lead.
- Martinelli put the Big Green on the board with her homer in the fourth, but the Terriers plated another run in the bottom of the fourth and finished the game with an RBI base hit in the sixth.
- Ali DuBois picked up her 20th win on the circle for BU. She struck out eight over 5.0 innings and allowed just the one run on three hits.
- Brown has struggled this season with a 10-22 record and 3-12 in the Ivy League.
- The Bears have lost five in a row and 12 out of their last 14 games.
- Brown has the lowest batting average in the Ivy league at .240.
- Cat Seitz is hitting .316 and leads the team with five home runs, 11 doubles, which is tops in the conference, and 14 RBIs.
- Madi Cranford has the best batting average on the team at .418 with four home runs and 13 RBIs, but she has not played since April 14.
- Brown has a strong pitching staff, ranking third in the conference with a 3.86 ERA.
- Lauren Innerst leads the way with a 2.79 ERA with a 4-8 record in 23 appearances and eight starts. She has 57 K’s over 87.2 innings and has thrown six complete games.
- Emily Waters has seen action in 19 games and made 14 starts. She has a 4.42 ERA with 30 strikeouts in 84.0 innings.
ALL-TIME VS. THE BEARS
- Dating back to 1995, Dartmouth has controlled the all-time series with a 52-19 record.
- The Big Green are currently on a 14-game winning streak against the Bears dating back to 2015 which is their longest winning streak of the series.
- Dartmouth has won the last 21 out of 23 games against Brown dating back to 2013.
- Micah Schroder, the reigning Ivy League Player of the Week, leads the conference in batting average (.471), slugging percentage (.828), and on-base percentage (.545), while ranking second in RBIs (30) and third in home runs (six).
- Dartmouth is fourth in the Ivy League in hitting with a .277 team batting average and leads the conference with 12 triples.
- Billie McFadyen is second on the team with a .314 batting average and has two home runs and nine RBIs.
- Taylor Ward is hitting .313 with four home runs, five doubles, a triple and is second on the team with 21 RBIs.
- Calista Almer is batting .305 and leads the team with nine stolen bases.
To keep up-to-date on all the action over the weekend, you can visit the Dartmouth softball schedule by clicking HERE and finding the links for live video and live stats associated with the games.
Dartmouth plays its final non-conference and road game of the season when they face Boston College in Chestnut Hill on Wednesday at 4 p.m.