By: Mike Miezejeski
Dartmouth Big Green (10-26, 7-11 Ivy) at
Boston College Eagles (16-32*, 4-17 ACC)
Date: Wednesday, May 1 – 4 PM
Location: Chestnut Hill, Mass. – Harrington Athletics Village
All-Time Series: BC leads, 10-2
Last Time: April 10, 2013 / L, 19-6 – 5 Inn. (Hanover, N.H.)
WEDNESDAY GAME DAY
Dartmouth takes on Boston College in Chestnut Hill for its final road and non-conference game of the season. This will be the fourth Power Five opponent for the Big Green this season having already played Iowa State, Florida State and Oklahoma.
- The Big Green took two out of three games at Brown this past weekend doing so mainly with pitching.
- Dartmouth took game one, 3-1, behind five innings in the circle from Shelby Wilkison where she allowed just one earned on three hits. Brooke Plonka earned the save with two scoreless innings. All three runs for the Big Green came in the first inning.
- Brown defeated the Big Green 6-4 in game two. The Bears jumped out to a 6-0 lead and RBIs from Micah Schroder, Morgan Ebow and Morgan Martinelli were not enough to make a comeback.
- A combined shutout from Heather Turner and Plonka led Dartmouth to a 2-0 win in game three. Taylor Ward was responsible for both Big Green runs with a home run and an RBI single.
- For the weekend, Plonka struck out nine batters over 8.1 innings, surrendered just one hit, earned two saves and held opponents to a 0.38 batting average.
SCOUTING BOSTON COLLEGE
- BC currently has a record of 16-32 and 4-17 in the ACC, they play a single game against UMass Lowell on Tuesday night before they meet Dartmouth.
- The Eagles have lost seven of their last eight contests entering Tuesday’s game.
- Boston College has a .236 team batting average which ranks 11th out of 12 teams in the ACC.
- Two Eagles are batting above .300 led by Lexi DiEmmanuele who is hitting .325 with five triples, three doubles, a home run and 13 RBIs. She also leads the team with 16 stolen bases.
- Emme Martinez bats .306 with a team leading eight doubles and 22 RBIs while adding two home runs.
- Gianna Boccagno leads the Eagles with seven home runs and is second with 21 RBIs.
- BC ranks 10th in the ACC with a 4.99 team ERA.
- Susannah Anderson has made 41 appearances with 28 starts and leads the team with a 3.59 ERA. She had a 5-17 record with 85 K’s in 152.0 innings.
- Camryn Dolby has a 9-9 record with 100 strikeouts in 85.0 innings and a 5.68 ERA.
ALL-TIME VS. THE EAGLES
- Dating back to 2004, Boston College is in command of the all-time series, leading 10-2.
- The first win for the Big Green in the series came in the second game of a doubleheader in 2004 where Dartmouth won, 2-1.
- The Big Green won their second game of the series, 9-6, in 2007.
- Micah Schroder dropped to fifth in the nation in batting average (.469), but still leads the Ivy League by .52 points. She also leads the league in slugging percentage (.778), and on-base percentage (.531), while ranking second in RBIs (32) and fourth in home runs (six).
- Dartmouth moved up to third in the conference in hitting with a .280 team batting average and are also third with a .415 slugging percentage.
- Calista Almer raised her average to .346 and is now second on the team. She leads the team with 10 stolen bases.
- Taylor Ward is hitting .321 with five home runs, five doubles, two triples and is second on the team with 23 RBIs.
- Morgan Martinelli has been seeing the ball better and is now hitting .270. She is third on the team with 17 RBIs, has four doubles and two home runs.
To keep up-to-date on all the action over the weekend, you can visit the Dartmouth softball schedule by clicking HERE and finding the links for live video and live stats associated with the games.