By: Pat Salvas
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Dartmouth men’s track & field team finished fifth at the 2019 New England Championship meet Saturday at Southern Connecticut State.
The Big Green posted 43 points over the two-day meet, while the host Owls won with 112.
- The big winner of the weekend was Marco Pompilj in the 3000m steeplechase. The senior won the event in 9:06.97, claiming 10 points for his team and now holds the title as the New England champion for 2019. Sophomore Greg Crowley was fifth in 9:25.76, adding four points to the standings.
- Taking second in the 110m hurdles was junior Shawn Ohazuruike in 14.28.
- Another sprint that saw a second-place finish by a Dartmouth runner was Alec Eschholz in the 400m hurdles. The senior ran a 53-flat to take second and add another eight points.
- Liam Jamieson was fifth in the 5000m on Friday, running a 14:50.04.
- Nick Feffer was eighth in the 1500m thanks to his 3:54.75.
- Claiming seventh in the 800m was freshman Julien Hinz in 1:52.66.
- Ethan Ruh was fourth in the shot put with his second throw of the day measuring 16.30m and earning his five points.