The staff of “Research/Penn State” magazine announces a contest to find a superb research-related image to be published on its “At Large” pages in the Fall 2019 issue. The winning photographer will receive a high-quality print of the image, suitable for framing.
A submitted photo:
- must relate to research being done by someone at Penn State (any campus)
- must be a strong horizontal so it can completely fill a two-page spread.
- must be available at high resolution, at least 300 dpi at a size of 11” x 17”.
- may be a scenic, close-up, or micrograph; realistic or abstract; color, black and white, or colorized. See the gallery of previous winners (below) for examples.
- may include a person in the scene, but should not be a portrait.
Deadline for submission is Friday, June 28, 2019.
You may submit more than one image, but be selective; please do not send a link to an entire collection of images.
Send your entry to Cherie Winner at [email protected]. Provide basic information about the image, such as where it was shot and the research it relates to. We’ll write the caption (which you’ll have a chance to review before publication).
Research/Penn State is a biennial publication with a circulation of more than 32,000, covering research and creative activity at the University.
Last Updated May 13, 2019