- We remain deeply saddened by the death of one of our students, Olivia Paregol. Olivia’s death is a tragedy, and our hearts and our thoughts have been with Olivia’s family and friends since her passing.
- The university is confident that we exceeded public health practices in the handling of adenovirus on our campus. Our approach to reporting, coordinating with health officials, and communicating with our campus community exceeded Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
- Vice President for Student Affairs Linda Clement requested an external review of protocols, policies, procedures and responses to adenovirus cases. The findings support the university’s approach.
- Among our many actions regarding mold in campus buildings, we consulted with and followed the recommendations of the University of Maryland Department of Environmental Safety, Sustainability and Risk; the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); and the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regarding mold remediation practices.
- Plans for moisture control include upgrades to our HVAC systems and installing additional dehumidifiers. These actions are underway in an effort to reduce mold in the future.
Click here for more information.