By: Mike Miezejeski
Dartmouth Big Green (7-1-0, 0-0-0 Ivy) at
Brown Bears (6-1-1, 0-0-0 Ivy)
Date: Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019 â€“ 7 PM
Location: Providence, R.I. â€“ Stevenson-Pincince Field
All-Time Series: Dartmouth, 21-20-3
Last Time: Sept. 22, 2018 / W, 2-0 (Hanover, N.H.)
ESPN+ | LIVE STATS
The second half of the season is officially upon us and that means that the Ivy League portion of the schedule is here. Dartmouth is at Brown on Saturday for a crucial conference opening matchup.
LAST TIME OUT
- Dartmouth collected its Ivy leading seventh win of the season by taking down Sacred Heart on the road, 4-0.
- It was the fifth straight shutout win and sixth total for Mariel Gordon, who is tied for the Ivy League lead in that category.
- The Big Green wasted no time as Erin Kawakami scored her first goal of the season in the sixth minute.
- Izzy Glennon scored in the eighth and 68th minutes and Michael Guptill capped it off with an 88th minute goal.
- The Bears have gotten off to their best start since the 2011 season with a 6-1-1 record.
- Like Dartmouth, Brown has only allowed two goals all season and had a stretch of six games without giving up a goal. It was the longest shutout streak in program history since 1984.
- Their most prominent performance of the season came in a scoreless draw at No. 13 Texas A&M.
- Brown is outscoring opponents, 15-2.
- The Bears have a balanced scoring attack. Ava Seelenfreund and Brittany Raphino lead the team with three goals each.
- Star White and Claire Myers both have two goals, while five others have one goal.
- Seelenfreund and Sydney Cummings are tied for the team lead with three assists.
- Goalkeeper Kayla Thompson has won the Ivy League Player of the Week twice this season and has 19 saves and six shutouts.
ALL-TIME AGAINST THE BEARS
- Dartmouth holds a slim edge over Brown after 44 games with a 21-20-3 record.
- Dartmouth beat Brown 13 straight times from 1995 to 2007.
- The Big Green won, 2-0, last season in Hanover thanks to goals by Zoe Boocock and Remy Borinsky.
STACKING THEM UP
- This matchup features two of the best defensive teams in the country.
- Dartmouth and Brown have allowed the least amount of goals in the Ivy League with two.
- The Big Green are fourth in the nation in goals against average (.250) the Bears are fifth (.286).
- Brown is fifth in the country in save percentage (.923), while Dartmouth is seventh (.917).
IN THE RANKINGS
- In the latest United Soccer Coaches east region poll, Dartmouth is seventh and Brown is eighth.
- The Big Green moved up one spot from last week, while the Bears dropped four spots after their first loss of the season to Villanova, 1-0.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- Izzy Glennon was named the Ivy League Player of the Week following her performances against Rhode Island and Sacred heart.
- The sophomore scored three goals over the two games with one against URI and two at Sacred Heart.
- Freshman Allie Winstanley has made the honor roll each week this season.
To keep up-to-date on all the action over the weekend, you can visit the Dartmouth women’s soccer schedule by clicking HERE and finding the links for live video and live stats associated with the games. You can also follow the game on twitter: @DartmouthWSoc
The Big Green continue against two-time defending Ivy League champion Princeton next Saturday at 1 p.m. on Burnham Field.