By: Mike Miezejeski
Dartmouth Big Green (3-3-0) vs.
UConn Huskies (3-5-0)
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019 â€“ 7 PM
Location: Hanover, N.H. â€“ Burnham Field
All-Time Series: UConn, 25-16-3
Last Time: Sept. 8, 2018 / L, 1-0 (Storrs, Conn.)
ESPN+ | LIVE STATS
The Big Green take on the UConn Huskies in an important non-conference match on Burnham Field Tuesday night. This is the final out of league test for Dartmouth before they take on Princeton this weekend.
LAST TIME OUT
- Dartmouth fell, 4-2, last Tuesday at Albany.
- The Great Danes jumped out to a 4-0 lead with two first half goals and two early second half goals.
- The Big Green made a comeback attempt beginning in the 58th minute.
- Tiger Graham scored his first goal of the season off an assist from Kota Sakurai.
- Dawson McCartney then netted his third of the year with a helper from Jordan Bailon in the 67th minute.
- The Huskies have been struggling in recent games and come into Tuesday night with a 3-5-0 record.
- After defeating Rider and Rhode Island to open the season, UConn has lost their last five out of six matches.
- The Huskies are 0-2 against Ivy League opponents, falling to Yale (3-0) and Columbia (3-2).
- Jordan Hall leads the team and is tied for the American Conference lead with eight goals, accounting for 67% of the Huskies goals this season.
- Dayonn Harris leads the conference with seven assists.
- Other than those two players, four members of the team have one goal.
AGAINST THE HUSKIES
- UConn owns the all-time series over Dartmouth with a 25-16-3 record.
- The Huskies won, 1-0, last season with a 79th minute goal in Storrs.
- The previous three meetings before last season all went into double overtime, including a win for the Huskies in the first round of the NCAA Tournament in 2012.
- Dartmouth tied UConn in 2015 and 2009 but have not beaten the Huskies since 1994.
- The 2009 match was the last home game against UConn, that game ended in a 0-0 draw.
BIG GREEN STATS
- Dawson McCartney leads the Big Green and is tied for fourth in the Ivy League with three goals and leads the team with three assists, pacing the team with nine points.
- David Alino, Kota Sakurai, Zach Kalk and Eric Sachleben each have two assists.
- The Big Green are tops in the conference with 13 goals and 17 assists.
- 11 members of the team have at least one goal and one assist.
- Alex Budnik is tied for the Ivy League lead with 27 saves and third with 4.50 saves per game.
To keep up-to-date on all the action over the weekend, you can visit the Dartmouth men’s soccer schedule by clicking HERE and finding the links for live video, as well as live stats associated with the games. You can also follow the game on twitter: @DartmouthMSoc
Ivy League play begins on Saturday when the Big Green host defending champion Princeton at Burnham Field at 4:30 p.m.