By: Mike Miezejeski
Dartmouth Big Green (6-5) at
Buffalo Bulls (8-2)
Date: Sunday, Dec. 29, 2019 – 2 PM
Location: Buffalo, N.Y. – Alumni Arena
All-Time Series: Buffalo, 1-0
Last Time: Dec. 18, 2018 / L, 75-69 (Hanover, N.H.)
ESPN+ | LIVE STATS
Dartmouth Big Green (6-5*) at
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (2-8)
Date: Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2019 – 12 PM
Location: Baltimore, Md. – Reitz Arena
All-Time Series: Dartmouth, 1-0
Last Time: Nov. 9, 2018 / W, 54-41 (Hanover, N.H.)
LIVE VIDEO | LIVE STATS
BACK FROM BREAK
Dartmouth closes the year and its non-conference portion of the schedule on Sunday at Buffalo and Tuesday at Loyola Maryland. The Bulls, who are one of the best mid-major programs in the country, are off to another great start with an 8-2 record. The Greyhounds have struggled so far but are riding some momentum after winning their last game against Monmouth.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Big Green allowed 16 3-pointers on their way to dropping their last game at Boston University, 74-56.
- The 16 triples tied BU’s single-game record (vs. UMBC 3/5/08).
- BU’s Katie Nelson also tied the individual single-game record with seven 3-pointers with three other players.
- The Terriers hit four threes in the first quarter, three in the second, four in the third and five in the fourth, going 16-of-24 for the game.
- Dartmouth played its best in the second quarter, sinking four triples of its own, to close the gap to 10 points at halftime.
- Paula Lenart finished with 13 points, four rebounds, two blocks and two steals.
- Annie McKenna also had 13 points to go along with four rebounds and two assists, while drilling three 3-pointers.
- Anna Luce stayed hot off the bench with 12 points, three rebounds, three assists and two blocked shots.
- Asha Taylor chipped in seven points and four rebounds.
- As we near the halfway point in the season, many Big Green names are toward the top of the leader boards in the Ivy League.
- Annie McKenna is ninth in the league in scoring (12.7 ppg). She also ranks third in assists (4.4 apg) and first in minutes per game (36.7 mpg), which is 26th in the nation.
- Paula Lenart is the fourth-leading rebounder in the Ivy League (7.8 rpg), she is also second in offensive rebounds (3.5).
- Elle Louie leads the Big Green and is eighth in the conference in blocked shots (0.9 bpg).
- Last time out was just the second game the Big Green lost this season when they have had multiple double-figure scorers.
- Dartmouth is 6-2 when three or more players contribute double-figure point production.
- When the Big Green only have one player score 10 or more points, they are 0-3.
- Annie McKenna has been the steadiest scorer, putting up double digits in nine out of the 11 games so far.
- Anna Luce has put up double figures in seven of the 10 games that she has played.
- Those two players will need to continue to be leaders offensively, but the Big Green are at their best when Paula Lenart, Asha Taylor and Katie Douglas also score.
LUCE OFF THE BENCH
- After a slow first game off the bench against Texas State, Anna Luce is back to her old self, and has been a key player in the last two games.
- Against New Hampshire, Luce posted her first-career double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds, while adding two blocks.
- Luce then had another 12-point performance against BU with three rebounds, three assists and two more blocks.
- Always a high-percentage shooter, Luce has not slowed, going 5-of-9 from the field against UNH and 5-of-10 against BU.
READY WHEN YOUR NAME IS CALLED
- Allie Harland made her debut against New Hampshire and knocked down the first shot she took.
- The confidence in her grew and she played significant minutes against BU (14 to be exact).
- Harland was not afraid to let it fly against the Terriers, launching six 3-pointers.
- She did connect on her first-career triple with 38 seconds left in the second quarter, to cut the deficit to 10.
- With Harland now in the stat sheet, every healthy member of the Big Green has played this season.
- The Bulls are off to another great start with an 8-2 record and have won four games coming into Sunday.
- The only losses for Buffalo came on a west coast trip against San Jose State (95-88) and Stanford (88-69).
- One notable win for the Bulls was a home win against Columbia (82-75).
- Buffalo is 4-0 at home and 45-0 over the last three-plus seasons when holding opponents under 59 points.
- Freshman Dyaisha Fair is third in the nation in scoring with 23.8 ppg. She became the first Buffalo freshman to score 30+ points in a game since 2000 with 31 against Niagara.
- Fair and Theresa Onwuka are the only teammates in the country to average over 18 ppg.
- Buffalo is eighth in the latest College Insider Mid-Major Top-25 Poll.
ALL-TIME AGAINST THE BULLS
- This is only the second meeting between the two teams.
- Dartmouth kept it close last season, but Buffalo defeated the Big Green 75-69.
- Islays Quinones led Dartmouth with 19 points and seven rebounds. Paula Lenart finished with a 14-point, 10-rebound double-double and Anna Luce had 16 points and eight rebounds off the bench.
- Cierra Dillard finished with 26 points for Buffalo, while Summer Hamphill had 24 and Theresa Onwuka tallied 18 points.
BUFFALO’S LAST TIME OUT
- The Bulls collected a 67-59 win over Dayton on Dec. 17.
- Dyaisha Fair led all players with 27 points. She also had five rebounds and five steals.
- Theresa Onwuka finished with 14 points and seven rebounds, and Hanna Hall had 11 points.
- The Greyhounds have been struggling this year and are off to a 2-8 start.
- The two wins for Loyola came against Fairleigh Dickinson (75-46) and most recently against Monmouth (64-48).
- The Greyhounds are being outscored by opponents by 10.9 ppg.
- Stephanie Karcz paces the team in scoring (11.9 ppg), rebounding (9.4 rpg), assists (4.0) and steals (6.3 spg).
- Delaney Connolly (8.9 ppg), Alexis Gray (8.7 ppg) and Ava Therien (6.6 ppg) are the next leading scorers.
ALL-TIME AGAINST THE GREYHOUNDS
- The only meeting between the programs was last season in Hanover when Dartmouth won 54-41 on Nov. 9 of 2018.
- Annie McKenna led the way with 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting.
- Isalys Quinones posted a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds.
- Anna Luce had 11 points off the bench.
LOYOLA’S LAST TIME OUT
- The Greyhounds defeated Monmouth, 64-48, at home in its last game on Dec. 20.
- Alexis Gray posted 13 points and nine rebounds for Loyola.
- Stephanie Karcz put together 12 points, four rebounds, three assists and nine steals.
- Bri Rozzie had 12 points off the bench and Ava Therien had eight points, four rebounds and four steals.
To keep up-to-date on all the action over the weekend, you can visit the Dartmouth women’s basketball schedule by clicking HERE and finding the links for live video and live stats associated with the games. You can also follow the game on twitter: @DartmouthWbb
Dartmouth has some time off before Ivy League play begins against Harvard at Leede Arena on Jan. 11 at 1 p.m. on NESN.