By: Mike Miezejeski
HANOVER, N.H. – Ten Dartmouth student-athletes were selected for the Fall Academic All-Ivy League Team as announced by the conference office Monday afternoon.
To qualify for a spot on the league’s top academic team, these student-athletes have made major contributions to their teams while maintaining at least a 3.0 grade point average. The Big Green’s 10 honorees are listed below in alphabetical order.
Henry Baldwin, Sr.
Men’s Soccer / Poulsbo, Wash. / Engineering
• 3.62 GPA
• One of two Big Green players to start all 16 matches
• Second on the team in minutes played
• Fourth on the team with a pair of goals
Chuyang Guan, Sr.
Women’s Tennis / San Antonio, Texas. / Economics
• 3.36 GPA
• had a strong fall, going 12-8 over four tournaments in singles and doubles
• won 14 singles matches last spring to lead the team
David Horneffer, Sr.
Men’s Tennis / Brookfield, Wis. / Economics
• 3.76 GPA
• advanced to second round of doubles at ITA All-America Championship
• 2019 First Team All-Ivy League in doubles
• 18-13 last season
Jason Liu, Jr.
Men’s Golf / Windson, Conn. / Engineering
• 3.78 GPA
• 2-time captain
• All-Ivy League Second Team in 2019
• led team in stroke average this fall with two top-10 finishes in three tournaments
Sam Morton, Jr.
Cross Country / Larchmont, N.Y. / Computer Science
• 3.68 GPA
• 2019 All-Northeast Region
• Dartmouth top runner at NCAA Pre-National meet and NCAA Northeast Regional
Marin Pennell, Jr.
Women’s Rugby / Breckenridge, Colo. / Environmental Earth Sciences
• 3.80 GPA
• Team captain
• Scored on a try in the win over Quinnipiac
• Named to the USA U20 touring squad on the back row for the Women’s Tri Nations Cup
Bonnie Shea, Jr.
Women’s Soccer / Atlanta, Ga. / Neuroscience
• 3.88 GPA
• First Team All-Ivy League
• United Soccer Coaches Third Team All-Region and All-Academic
• Helped Dartmouth rank second in the league in fewest goals allowed
Katie Spanos, Sr.
Field Hockey / Hummelstown, Pa. / Biology
• 3.53 GPA
• Team captain
• NFHCA All-Northeast Region Second Team
• Second Team, All-Ivy League
• Led the Big Green in goals (8) and points (21) with two game-winning goals
Carly Tower, Sr.
Volleyball / Windermere, Fla. / Psychology
• 3.62 GPA
• Third on the team in block assists (39) and blocks/set (0.75)
• Posted attack percentage of .222
• 10th all-time at Dartmouth with 206 blocks
Jack Traynor, Sr.
Football / Lake Forest, Ill. / Engineering
• 3.66 GPA
• Bushnell Cup Winner as Ivy Defensive MVP
• 3-time unanimous All-Ivy League First Team
• All-New England and FCS ADA Academic All-Star
• Campbell Trophy Semifinalist