Medical experts from Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt University Medical Center will host two virtual town halls focused on the medical aspects of COVID-19 on Saturday, July 18.
The town hall for faculty, staff and post docs will take place from noon to 1 p.m. The town hall for student and families will take place from 2 to 3 p.m.
Both town halls will include a discussion on the virus itself and what is known about its spread, treatment and the work towards a vaccine. The university’s plans for testing and contact tracing, how the university and medical center are connected to the city’s response to COVID-19 and the university’s primary health and safety protocols will also be discussed.
The live webinars will also include a moderated question-and-answer session.
Registrants can submit questions 24 hours in advance of the town halls using this form.
Speakers and Q&A panelists for the town halls include:
- Daniel Diermier, Chancellor, Vanderbilt University
- Susan R. Wente, Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Vanderbilt University
- Jeffrey R. Balser, MD, Ph.D., President and CEO, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Dean of School of Medicine
- William Schaffner, MD, Professor of Preventive Medicine, Health Policy and Infectious Disease, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Linda Norman, DSN, RN, FAAN, Valere Potter Menefee Professor of Nursing / Dean of Vanderbilt School of Nursing
- Pam Jones, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, Sr. Associate Dean, Clinical and Community Partnerships, School of Nursing, Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing
- André Churchwell, MD, Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, Vanderbilt University and Chief Diversity office, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Eric Kopstain, Vice Chancellor for Administration, Vanderbilt University
These town halls continue a series of sessions hosted by campus leadership to discuss the university’s Return to Campus Plan.
All available details on the university’s plans for the 2020-21 academic year can be found on Vanderbilt’s Return to Campus website.