In an election season full of noise, division and distraction, there’s at least one premise both sides agree upon: this election matters. Join political scientists from the Southern Illinois University System at 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 19 as they use their expertise to help identify what’s at stake in this election, from the local to the national level, as well as in the international arena.
The virtual event is open to the public. Pre-registration is available at siue.zoom.us.
The panelists include experts in Illinois local and regional politics, political parties and political methodology, presidential politics, human rights and the social movement, Congress, U.S. Supreme Court, politics and the media, political scandals, the politics of gun control, and urban politics. The panelists are:
- Ken Moffett, professor and department chair, SIUE
- Laurie Rice, professor, SIUE
- Andy Theising, professor, SIUE
- Sophia Wilson, associate professor, SIUE
- Benjamin Bricker, assistant professor, SIUC
- Scott Comparato, associate professor, SIUC
- Tobin Grant, professor and department chair, SIUC
- Virginia Tilley, professor, SIUC
A moderator will also allow time for a Q&A session.
Photo (L-R): SIUE professors of political science Ken Moffett, Laurie Rice, Andy Theising and Sophia Wilson.